Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Mac Mozilla Thunderbird E-Mail Database to Outlook in Windows

How can I transfer my e-mail database of Mozilla Thunderbird installed in Mac OS X to Outlook 2013 in Windows. I know that I can sync my account via Imap but I need some other alternative because there are thousabds of emails that are taking time to sync with the outlook. I need the process to be quick and easy so that I can transfer all my emails from Mac Thunderbird to Outlook 2013.

Helpful answers will be really appreciated.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 10:06 PM

The easiest way to go would be to move the emails to an IMAP account which offers lots of space such as an Outlook.com or Gmail account. You can then configure that account in Outlook 2010 to collect them again.

You can then choose to continue with that email address and account or configure your own account, move the emails and then remove the IMAP account you used for the transfer.

Note that you can also use an Outlook.com account with you own current address.
See: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcompersonaladdress.htm

there's a mob of different solutions here....

thunderbird to pst converters

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2014 10:06 PM in response to Mike Whitford

The easiest way to go would be to move the emails to an IMAP account which offers lots of space such as an Outlook.com or Gmail account. You can then configure that account in Outlook 2010 to collect them again.

You can then choose to continue with that email address and account or configure your own account, move the emails and then remove the IMAP account you used for the transfer.

Note that you can also use an Outlook.com account with you own current address.
See: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcompersonaladdress.htm

there's a mob of different solutions here....

thunderbird to pst converters

Mar 11, 2014 12:29 PM in response to Mike Whitford

If Imap Synchronization is taking too long then yu can go for thurd party tools available online.

Almost all the tools I found were paid and did the same job.

You can choose the tool from the link provided in the above post bt Bell233. The chepest tool I found was http://thunderbirdtopst.com/

Please have a look.

I hope you will find this helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jul 9, 2015 4:25 AM in response to Mike Whitford

Syncing data using IMAP is not a permanent solution because this works for a few mails only, but if you need to migrate a large amount of Thunderbird data from AC to Windows Outlook then, A Thunderbird to Outlook tool is required. The converts all folders of Thunderbird MBOX file into PST format which can be used with all editions of MS Outlook.

Export Mac Mozilla Thunderbird E-Mail Database to Outlook in Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.