Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[maybe OT] Safari on Windows with NTLM authentication proxy keeps popping up auth window

Hi there.

I know that Apple dropped Safari for Windows, but I still have some users which need to work with that software.

I hope somebody will still have some clues about what is not working here, let me explain.

Safari 5.1.7 installed on Windows 7 PC, working with proxy (settings taken from IE/System settings) and NTLM authentication. Now, IE and Chrome work great, but Safari keeps on popping up the authentication Window asking me for authentication.

First of all, that shouldn't even pop up once, as NTLM authentication is "seamless" integrated into the browser/system. Nevertheless, even if I enter the correct credentials and tick "remember this password", the authentication window still pops up.

So, any help will be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Flavio.

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:37 AM

There are no replies.

[maybe OT] Safari on Windows with NTLM authentication proxy keeps popping up auth window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.