Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Struggling with transferring my music bought from iTunes on my iPhone 4 to iTunes on my computer... From there needing to transfer music into my new iPhone 5s. So far iTunes will transfer all my paid apps to the computer but no songs... Help please

I recently upgraded my phone to the 5s. The problem is I cannot figure out how to transfer my music from the old phone to the new phone. I have tried through my computer but iTunes will only download my paid apps... None of my paid for music will transfer... Help please

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 11:51 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2014 6:16 AM in response to Mcallian

With the 4 connected to the computer, select File > Transfer Purchases. Any content acquired via iTunes on the device will transfer to iTunes on the computer. This assumes that the Apple ID used to purchase the content on the device is the same Apple ID that the computer is authorized for.

Also, some content in iTunes is available for redownload: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Struggling with transferring my music bought from iTunes on my iPhone 4 to iTunes on my computer... From there needing to transfer music into my new iPhone 5s. So far iTunes will transfer all my paid apps to the computer but no songs... Help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.