Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious - did apple store sell refurbished product as new product?

Hi Guys,

While I was activating my new mini ipad system, the unfamiliar email address (not mine) was pre-filled in the ID section. Is that refurbished product? (Note: I bought from the Apple store and it is brand new)

Please advise if someone has the same experience.

Stan.C

iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 4:26 AM

Check with the store to see what they say about why another email was present.

A new or refurbished iPad would look the same during Setup. Thet both would be completely empty.

6 replies

Mar 7, 2014 4:29 AM in response to Stan.C

Was the box sealed when it arrived with you, eg. plastic that had to be pulled away? If so then nobody else should have had this before you, it's possible a mistake may have been made but only Apple will be able to confirm this for you, so I'd suggest raising this with them directly, perhaps via the chat option upon selecting online store?

One other thing, you mentioned you purchased from the Apple Store, was this online or at an actual store? If in an actual store I believe they set things up for you did they do anything like this for you? If so may explain the email address?

Regards,

Steve

Mar 7, 2014 5:23 AM in response to Steve Nicholls

Hi Steve,

Yes, it is completed sealed, and however, it took a while for sales to grab from the back. (I waited about 5-10 minutes). I was wondering why it takes so long.

I purchused directly from the store (walk in). I didn't ask them to setup initially cause it is not rock sicense.

And the funny part, this ID (email address) end with dot jp (seems from japan).

I took the photo and hopefully they can explain to me.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Stan.C

Suspicious - did apple store sell refurbished product as new product?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.