Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to give raw footage to a client for them to edit

I filmed a speaker the other night (in florida) and he has his own production crew in Chicago. I don't have to edit the footage he just wants me to send it to his people in Chicago so they can edit it. I'm wondering the best way to do this since I shot it on 2 cameras. The talk was about an hour but since I was shooting in 1080p on my 7D I can only shoot for 12 minutes straight so there are a lot of clips. What is the best way to send this to them so it is organized? DVD? I don't want to send the cards because I used my 32gb Extreme SD which are pretty expensive.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 5:46 AM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2014 6:27 AM in response to GAW1823

The DSLR clips (QuickTime) won't have timecode, but they'll have date & time created so they should be able to figure the organization out.

I would either send them a USB drive and add the cost to your billing, Or if you have enough cloud storage (e.g., Dropbox), upload the files for download.

Russ

How to give raw footage to a client for them to edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.