Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Export Failed

I'm working in FCPX 10.1.1. I'm exporting from a timeline that is 1hr, 3 mins in length. I'm doing a range selection of just 10 minutes and then exporting that range selection to Audio only in AIF format. I get an error message that "Share Failed". But Final Cut actually did export an AIF file to the designated folder however it exported a file that is 4hrs, 8 mins in length. Its exported the entire timeline plust 3 some hours of silence. And yes, I double checked my timeline, there are no stray elements past the 1 hr, 3 min. mark. Not to mention it didn't export my range selection. Anyone else having this problem??

I then setup of a Compressor destination for AIF and tried exporting via that preset and it yeilded the same results, an AIF file that was 4hrs, 8 mins. in lenght.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 7:24 AM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2014 8:06 AM in response to macambassador

To add insult to injury, I've run into yet another FCPX glitch. I have two laptops, both running OS 10.9.2, and both are running FCPX 10.1.1. I decided to disconnect my external drive and try this audio export on my other laptop. However, when I launch FCPX, it doesn't even recognize that the drive has any FCPX Events or Project files on it. How can that be??? How do I get FCPX to recognize the Events and Projects?? This is really confusiing since they were created on another laptop with identical OS and software versions.

Mar 7, 2014 11:50 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ.

I did hit Shift Z originally. There is nothing beyond the media I inserted in the timeline.

Holding down option on the other Mac did work to open the project files, however in attempting to export the

same 10 min range selection, I got the same exact results. I get a "Share Failed" message and an AIF file in the designated folder that is 4hrs, 8 mins. in length.

Audio Export Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.