Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up wi fi

Got my imac back and a new mac router. have 3 other computers in the house and we need to connect to a wi fi. Don't have any passwords to any networks and can't figure out how to make my own off of an ethernet (yellow) wire coming from the phone DSL. Please help sometime soon!!!

iMac, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 10:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2014 10:15 AM in response to littlejonny1

First, turn off the router and the DSL modem. Connect the Ethernet cable from the DSL modem to the WAN port on the router. You can connect up to three other devices (computers, printers, etc.) that have Ethernet to the router's other LAN ports. Turn on the DSL modem first. Wait for the status lights to show it is communicating with your ISP. Then turn on the router. Wait for the amber light to start blinking.

Open Airport Utility in the Utilities folder in order to configure the router. You will need to setup your wireless network with a name. You will need to configure wireless security to WPA2/WPA2 Personal and a password.The latter will be needed for others to connect to your wireless network.

how do I set up wi fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.