Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Worthy Logic Plugin's and Mixing tips

Hi Guys,

So recently I decided to go out and buy myself a Macbook due to the fact that my Sound Engineering & Design course is now requiring us to use logic , If I'm honest guys this for me was really hard to say goodbye to my old trusty Windows computer and Cubase but I guess I should really be moving with the times. I'm a wiz on Pro Tools however at the moment I am not willing to fork out more money on the new Pro Tools so I've now decided to bring all of my project onto Logic.

I'm slowly getting the hang of things and just attempting to find my feet with this new layout of OS and also new software.

Firstly can any recomend me any vital plugins when mixing and mastering ? Just to make things clearer I only really work on Acoustic EP's (Acoustic , Vocal , The odd kick) and now full band work so I'm not after any synth's as I have Reason for that 😉

Also is there any little handy tips for mixing a full band project ? ie Would you recomend bussing the drums after they have EQ'd and then put compression on the overall bus signal ?

Cheers !

Logic Pro X, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 10:59 AM

Hi Anthoni, sure You must be aware of all the tons of information one can find on the net about this subject. Filtering all the important stuff from the crab can be very tiresom though, but it's for free and if you have time to waste, by all means.......

On the other hand, if you are serious in your approach on how to learn working efficiently with DAWS then you might want to invest a few bucks and get answers to your questions from professional audio engineers. There are many such subscription possibilitys on the net, let me suggest one to you: get yourself a one month subscription on Lynda.com for 37 bucks, you'll find answers to many, if not all, your questions there, I'm sure. For what you want, IMO such an approach would be a very good way to get started on a solid foundation to build upon!

Have a nice day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2014 10:59 AM in response to AnthoniJames

Hi Anthoni, sure You must be aware of all the tons of information one can find on the net about this subject. Filtering all the important stuff from the crab can be very tiresom though, but it's for free and if you have time to waste, by all means.......

On the other hand, if you are serious in your approach on how to learn working efficiently with DAWS then you might want to invest a few bucks and get answers to your questions from professional audio engineers. There are many such subscription possibilitys on the net, let me suggest one to you: get yourself a one month subscription on Lynda.com for 37 bucks, you'll find answers to many, if not all, your questions there, I'm sure. For what you want, IMO such an approach would be a very good way to get started on a solid foundation to build upon!

Have a nice day!

Worthy Logic Plugin's and Mixing tips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.