Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applying RGB values to a Colour Mask. Is this doable?

Hello FCPX wizards.

I could use a little advice. I shot some garments on a white background. One of the garments was a pinkish/magenta color. It is fire engine red in the footage. Everything else is fine. Just the pink garment is off. I created a color mask and then found using the Colour Adjustments very crude. The client has offered a Pan tone number which I understand I should be able to translate into RGB numbers. Is there a way to apply specific RGB numbers to my color mask? How do I stop areas of similar color outside of my intended mask area (just that one garment) from being affected.

Thanks for any guidance.

A.T.

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 11:57 AM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2014 5:04 PM in response to traut

You can use the Keyer to chroma key the fire engine red color.

If it were me, I think I would try to color correct the clip to lighten the garment color, set the saturation to 0 (the luminosity of fire engine red is much darker than pink/magenta would be) and overlay the whole thing with a Solids > Custom generator (set to the color of your choice) with the Video > Compositing > Blend Mode set to Overlay.

I would place the Chroma Keyed clip over both the above.

There might be better ways...

Applying RGB values to a Colour Mask. Is this doable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.