Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro keyboard not responding at log in?

Most key on keyboard are not responding, because of this I can't log in to laptop at all. I've already tried reinstalling OSX using command R. No change, no difference.

Please any advise I'd be grateful for, I have only a basic understanding of mac products but I'm eager to solve this problem

Thankyou

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Unbelievable, was about to be charged big coin$$$ to have hardware fixed at the advise of an apple tech when I pressed option key 5 times and Voila, keyboard fixed! How's about them apples,!!! I'm so fed up with so called experts misleading the uninformed public because we end up paying for nothing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2014 1:58 PM in response to louisfromwoodbridge

Unbelievable, was about to be charged big coin$$$ to have hardware fixed at the advise of an apple tech when I pressed option key 5 times and Voila, keyboard fixed! How's about them apples,!!! I'm so fed up with so called experts misleading the uninformed public because we end up paying for nothing.

Mar 8, 2014 8:38 PM in response to kkwan77

I found out about (the options 5 times thing) through some one who had the same problem only he needed to plug in a portable keyboard to do it. He said something about it as being a preference selected in the "System Preferences" pane under keyboard options. I cant find it to uncheck this option so it doesnt happen again. Maybe you might locate it and let me know?

Turns out I activated it by falling asleep with laptop on lap and my hand resting on option key! L.O.L.

So glad for this forum, saves alot of trouble otherwise right?!

Aloha

Dawn

MacBook Pro keyboard not responding at log in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.