Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appstore problems in Maveriks

Is anyone else experiencing problems with software updates and installs of "puchased" software after upgrading to Maveriks (OS X 10.9.2)?

I I'm seeing on my Purchased list that Maveriks is showing as not installed, but it certainly is as About reports OS X 10.9.2. In my apps folder iphoto is showing it that is trying to install an upgrade but is stuck. I can access iphoto from my icon on the dock, but not from the apps folder. I can't delete the icon from the apps folder.

I've had this happen with other apps (3rd party apps) where I click the "x" in the apps folder, got a pop-up to cancel the upgrade, then deleted and reinstalled the app and everything worked. In this case it is just stuck.

I also have an icon on the purchases list for OS X Mountain Lion telling me it is not installed.

It appears that these lists are not checking the status of apps on the machine and are getting out of sync between the app store and the machine.

I certainly hope we see some fixes for Maveriks soon.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Fibre Optic Connection Via Surewest

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:53 PM

There are two ways to recover from this condition.

1. Select

Store View My Account

from the App Store menu bar, then select View hidden purchases. Stop or resume the download.

2. Open LaunchPad and find the icon of the app you're trying to install. There will be a small progress bar below it. Click the "X" to stop the download.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2014 1:53 PM in response to rcancill

There are two ways to recover from this condition.

1. Select

Store View My Account

from the App Store menu bar, then select View hidden purchases. Stop or resume the download.

2. Open LaunchPad and find the icon of the app you're trying to install. There will be a small progress bar below it. Click the "X" to stop the download.

Mar 7, 2014 2:16 PM in response to rcancill

I'm seeing on my Purchased list that Maveriks is showing as not installed, but it certainly is as About reports OS X 10.9.2.

What you're seeing in the purchase list with regard to Mavericks is not that Mavericks is not installed, but that the Mavericks install or is no longer in your apps folder on your Mac. As long as Mavericks is for sale in the Mac App Store the installer will be available for re-download from your purchases list anytime that you would like to re-download it.

Mar 7, 2014 2:15 PM in response to rcancill

Well, that is a help, but it doesn't clear up the issues with the App Store leaving apps in a partially installed or incomplete status yet the apps are running. On my iPhoto download the App Store list of purchased apps the status is installed but there is an error message on the line saying "An Error Has Occurred". There is no explanation.

When I go to the launch pad, I see iPhoto and its fine and launches. When I go to the old Apps folder it shows that the download has not completed, go figure!

I think Apple jumped the gun on Maveriks and has a ton of clean up work to do. Hopefully it will happen soon and the gotchas that we are seeing will get cleaned up in the process.

Mar 7, 2014 2:52 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc,

Your advise certainly gave me some insight into App Store that I had missed, but did not solve the problem. iPhoto appears normal in the App Store, but is screwed up in my old Apps Folder where it shows partially downloaded. I hti the reset button in the App Store but it did not clear the error message on the "Purchased" list.

Mar 7, 2014 3:56 PM in response to Linc Davis

No I don't. But I do have icons appearing in the Launch Pad and in the Applications folder. Interestingly enough after I followed your advise and hit the reset in the AppStore account info, the download is now marked complete in the apps folder.

I guess I'm not a fan of the Launch pad and much prefer the Apps folder and its underlying real folder.

Appstore problems in Maveriks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.