Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone not turning on

I woke up one morning and I try to turn on my phone which does not work. During the night it was on "Do not disturb" and also the brightness was turned all the way down. It was also charging. I hold down the power button but still nothing works. I also tried that with the home button. When I held down the home button siri turned on, so I knew that it was still on. I just couldn't see the screen. I leave it alone for 8 hours and don't touch it (it's still in the charger) and I come back with the same problem. Anyone got any tips?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 12:58 PM

See Here for > Frozen or unresponsive iPhone

Try this First... No Data will be Lost..

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... ( But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons..

4 replies

Phone not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.