Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to configure the Airport Extreme and Time capsule connected by ethernet

Hello,

I have the AE as a main router and DHCP server and I have a TC also conected by an ethernet cable. both have the same user and password but the TC is configured to creat a new network (is how I get to gork it better). both have diferent wifi networks names). then I have an ATV conected by ethernet cable to the TC and it get internet acces but is too slow (need like 2 or more hours to start a movie).

What do I have to change to get the network working properly?

Thanks!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

<Email Image Edited By Host>

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 2:07 PM

6 replies

Mar 7, 2014 3:38 PM in response to Kappy

Thank you but this don´t work in this case, the wifi signal isn´t good. I need to conect both AX and TC over the ethernet cable.

When I use extend network the wifi signal don´t work properly and the conection speed from AX to TC are extremly low.

thanks

The Roaming option is the one I need, but the manual is on a old version of AirPort Utility.

can´t do this:

3- If you are configuring the primary Wi-Fi base station, set Connection Sharing to "Share a public IP address."

How to configure the Airport Extreme and Time capsule connected by ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.