Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I get a MBPr 13" now, or wait for the 2014/2015 release?

Hi,

I'm in no need to upgrade quickly - however, hearing that Broadwell is delayed makes me anxious that I would have to wait until 2015 for the next upgrade. I'm not a power freak - but my iMac (2010, 21.5") is dying slowly, and I'm afraid it won't hold out a year.

I never do intensive tasks, so I was thinking that the MBPr 13" 8GB, i5, 256GB model would do fine for coding, surfing the web and occasional web design.

What do you guys recommend, wait for the 2014/2015 model, or buy now?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:43 PM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2014 5:22 AM in response to MattFalcon

From what I read about Broadwell, it's not gonna be a huge speed or performance increase. If you're able to wait and use the iMac you have now, it wouldn't be a bad idea. But buying the current model is not bad either. You're still getting good performance and good battery life. In the end, it depends on what you need/want. If you want the MacBook now and don't wanna wait, why not just buy and be happy with the product. If you feel like the future product will be that much better, why not wait? There's a lot of factors to consider, but I believe you should buy now or else you'll always be waiting for the next product release

Mar 10, 2014 5:26 AM in response to MattFalcon

The present configuration that you describe should suit your needs quite well. While there are certain to be 2014 models, I can't see that they will offer any radical change from the current models. You already have USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 2, etc., in the current models. Any new offerings would probably just be a speed bump and no new CPU.

Just my 2¢...

Clinton

Should I get a MBPr 13" now, or wait for the 2014/2015 release?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.