Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iPhone backup from PC to Mac - will this work?

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and am almost done with transferring everything from my PC to my Mac after a long full day and a half of backing up, reformatting external hard drives etc.

I have read to transfer an iPhone backup from PC to Mac you need to do the following:

If you are a Windows user, open the Start menu, click on "Computer" and then navigate to the "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" directory.

And then:

Click on the "Finder" icon and navigate to the "Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup" folder on the Mac.

I did the first step just fine, but when I tried to find the folder on the Mac by both manual navigation and then a spotlight search, it wasn't found, so I went into the Library/Application Support and then created a new folder with the name MobileSync and a subfolder 'Backup' within that. Will this work?

If not, could someone please help me on how to get my iPhone backup onto the Mac.

Thankyou!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 2:56 PM

There are no replies.

Transferring iPhone backup from PC to Mac - will this work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.