Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT RE-install iTunes on my HP! Please help!!!

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC (64-bit OS) running Windows 7 (Service Pack1). My iTunes was corrupted by the recent Apple update that went around. I found several forums on how to uninstall iTunes. Through much trial & error I was able tosuccessfully uninstall iTunes and it's related programs but now cannot reinstall. This is how I uninstalled:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

For RE-INSTALLING this is what I have been doing (I've tried this 5 or 6 times now and it still is not working):

1. I go to the apple-iTunes website to download the most current version of iTunes for Windows (iTunes 11.1.5 for Windows 64-bit):

www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2. I click on "Download Itunes", fill in my email address then click on "Download Now".

3. A window opens with iTunes64Setup.exe asking me if I would like to save the file. I click "Save File".

4. A window opens asking me to name the file and select where to save it to. It automatically has my "Downloads" folder as the option. It lists the file as a Binary File (.exe). I don't change anything and just click "Save".

5. My computer acts like it is doing something but then nothing happens so I check in my Programs folder and there is no iTunes application listed.

How do i RE-INSTALL??!?! Am I missing a step or doing something wrong??!? Please advise. I need your expertise ... Please help me reinstall! I'm not sure why this is so difficult!

Many Many Thanks in advance!

~ Sassy

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 4:43 PM

26 replies

Mar 7, 2014 5:12 PM in response to sassy-frass

A little history on this problem ... In January I received notice from Apple to update my iTunes. I installed the update as I always have in the past but this time it did something funy and corrupted my iTunes application. I was no longer ble to access my iTunes but instead would receive the following message:

APSDaemon.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I would also get the same message under the heading:

iTunes.exe - System Error

I started researching these error codes and found several forums with people going throught the same thing and having the same issues. I followed methods #2 & #3 recommended by Bennet Martin here to try to correct the problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/hpsfexe-system -error-msvcr80dll-is-missing-from/88bdd285-339d-427c-89f5-7797c9acc6d0

Those did not work. I then researched more and found instruction that stated I would need to uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it. That is where my main question above comes into play ...

Mar 7, 2014 7:03 PM in response to sassy-frass

1. I go to the apple-iTunes website to download the most current version of iTunes for Windows (iTunes 11.1.5 for Windows 64-bit):

www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2. I click on "Download Itunes", fill in my email address then click on "Download Now".

3. A window opens with iTunes64Setup.exe asking me if I would like to save the file. I click "Save File".

4. A window opens asking me to name the file and select where to save it to. It automatically has my "Downloads" folder as the option. It lists the file as a Binary File (.exe). I don't change anything and just click "Save".

5. My computer acts like it is doing something but then nothing happens so I check in my Programs folder and there is no iTunes application listed.

Try downloading an installer from the Apple website using a different web browser:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you use IE instead of Firefox for the download, do you get a working installer?

If you still can't get a working installer from the standard download page, try the following direct download links for 11.1.5.5:

Mar 8, 2014 8:58 AM in response to b noir

My one last question would be ... do you know if this thing that caused the corruption of iTunes would have affected anything else on my computer? The day it happened I also got the folowing message on my computer:

HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Object: C:\Users\sa\AppData\Local\Temp\is-NUQ7E.tmp\OptProCrash.dll

This message appeared in my "Security Problems" Update. I'm sure I hit "fix" but am not sure if it is still in my computer. Is there a way to check? I ran a scan yesterday of my computer and everything came back with 0 threats. Is there a way to search for this virus specifically? Do you know anything about this one? It sounds scary:

http://blog.mitechmate.com/best-way-remove-heurtrojan-win32-generic-virus-comple tely/

It was there in addition to these:

APSDaemon.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I would also get the same message under the heading:

iTunes.exe - System Error

Many thanks!
Sassy

Mar 8, 2014 11:39 AM in response to sassy-frass

If the full scan comes up empty, I'd try a scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware.

Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes AntiMalware:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Update your MBAM definitions and then run a full scan of the PC. (Takes about 2 hours on my Lenovo.)

Does the scan find any infections? If so, please paste the contents of the log file for the scan in a reply here so we can have a look.

Mar 9, 2014 10:37 AM in response to b noir

The full scan that I ran yesterday came up with 1 threat which I advised it to delete. The object type was "Adware" and the file was an "itunes.exe" file.

I have downloaded the Malwarebytes AntiMalware free software from the link you have posted but I am unsure how to update my MBAM definitions. How do I do that? If I just hit "Run" will it update them and scan? Please advise.

Many many many thanks!
Sassy

Mar 9, 2014 12:54 PM in response to b noir

Thank you so much "b noir"!

I have done the update and am currently running the full scan with the Malwarebytes. Will let you know what it finds. It is scanning filesystem objects for infection and has scanned 300000 objects so far, detecting 8 objects currently. I am biting my nails ... hopefully that is all.

And once it finishes its scan, what will I do with these detected objects? Delete them? Please advise.

You are seriously my internet superhero! 🙂

~Sassy

Mar 9, 2014 1:07 PM in response to sassy-frass

And once it finishes its scan, what will I do with these detected objects? Delete them? Please advise.

Let's have a quick look at the scan results first. After the scan completes go into the "Logs" tab and doubleclick the log for the scan you've just done. (It'll be the one with today's date on it.) Paste the contents of the log into a reply here.

Mar 9, 2014 2:50 PM in response to sassy-frass

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.03.09.07

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518

Protection: Enabled

3/9/2014 12:50:31 PM

MBAM-log-2014-03-09 (14-44-58).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|)

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 467049

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 52 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 9

HKCR\CLSID\{67BD9EEB-AA06-4329-A940-D250019300C9} (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\TypeLib\{A0EE0278-2986-4E5A-884E-A3BF0357E476} (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Interface\{9EDC0C90-2B5B-4512-953E-35767BAD5C67} (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{99C91FC5-DB5B-4AA0-BB7 0-5D89C5A4DF96} (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd.1 (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{93DBF2BB-A2B3-4683-A92E-57E60751F346} (PUP.Optional.ValueApps.A) -> No action taken.

HKCU\Software\Conduit\ValueApps (PUP.Optional.ValueApps.A) -> No action taken.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\DomaIQ (PUP.Optional.DomaIQ.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 2

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main|Start Page (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Bad: (http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3317816&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=55 &CUI=&UM=4&UP=SPA401A778-14A5-470D-B28C-1D4CA32DA8B7&SSPV=) Good: (http://www.google.com) -> No action taken.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_ShowSearc h (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.

Folders Detected: 6

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3311333 (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\cache (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Program Files\Conduit\ValueApps (PUP.Optional.ValueAppsplugin.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit\ValueApps (PUP.Optional.ValueAppsplugin.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Conduit\ValueApps (PUP.Optional.ValueAppsplugin.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 19

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\SwvUpdater\Updater.exe (PUP.Optional.SoftwareUpdater) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\dlLogic.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\nsnC19E.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr7449.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\nsy46B6.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\nsy4AAD.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\nsyBF1E.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\21f0135f-04d8-4c36-9e05-073b3611bca9\softwa re\Launcher.exe (PUP.Optional.Amonetize) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\21f0135f-04d8-4c36-9e05-073b3611bca9\softwa re\OptimizerPro.exe (PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\21f0135f-04d8-4c36-9e05-073b3611bca9\softwa re\sp-downloader.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\21f0135f-04d8-4c36-9e05-073b3611bca9\softwa re\ValueApps.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\mam-ct3319214\ctbe.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\mam-ct3319214\mamstub.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\mam-ct3319214\mam_ff.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\mam-ct3319214\mam_ie.exe (PUP.Optional.ValueApps.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Windows\Tasks\AmiUpdXp.job (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3311333\chromeid.txt (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3311333\setup.ini.txt (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> No action taken.

C:\Users\safialia\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.cookie (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

(end)

CANNOT RE-install iTunes on my HP! Please help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.