Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double iMovie App ?

Hi.

iMac with Mavericks .

I find that maybe I have Double iMovie App .

Two Versions , Not the same Logo color .

I don't know how there are 2 of them , perhaps I've installed in the past ...

If there are duplicated , How can I remove the unnecessary one ?

I never use this app and I don't have any data in it .

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Only one App here ( ? )

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 4:32 AM

Be happy, that you have two of them - no kidding.

When you updated iMovie, the installer left the older iMovie 9.0.9 (the brown icon) installed parallel to the newer iMovie 10.0.

Both versions are very different, and be sure to compare both versions thoroughly, before you decide to delete the older version. The newer version does not (yet) support all features of iMovie 9 and the graphical user interface is very different, so you may want to be able to revert to the older version.

To uninstall iMovie 9, select it in the Applications folder and press the key combination cmd-delete. Then enter your administrator password to move it to the Trash.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2014 4:32 AM in response to rony-z

Be happy, that you have two of them - no kidding.

When you updated iMovie, the installer left the older iMovie 9.0.9 (the brown icon) installed parallel to the newer iMovie 10.0.

Both versions are very different, and be sure to compare both versions thoroughly, before you decide to delete the older version. The newer version does not (yet) support all features of iMovie 9 and the graphical user interface is very different, so you may want to be able to revert to the older version.

To uninstall iMovie 9, select it in the Applications folder and press the key combination cmd-delete. Then enter your administrator password to move it to the Trash.

Mar 8, 2014 4:59 AM in response to rony-z

I Dont think that Ill use one of them ...

Maybe I will wait for an update or so ... OR ?

Check, if you see both iMovie versions at the AppStore in your "Purchased" tab, when you sign in with your AppleID. If both iMovies are available for you as "Purchased" you can install them again from the AppStore, if need be. But is it urgent to free space? If not, I would not bother.

Double iMovie App ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.