Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's no update button in the App Store

Hello everyone,

this problem came along ruffly a week ago.

I always check for updates in the App Store (iOS) when I'm bored.

But now there're no updates shown anymore, only i the iCloud download button.

I already rebooted my iPhone (5S, 32GB, Germany, unlocked) serveral times and logged out and logged in into the Store.

I would appreciate any answers or feedback.

Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 3:59 AM

15 replies

Mar 8, 2014 4:01 PM in response to MartinLuck

Is iPhone App Store working? (browse the Featured, Top Charts, ...)

Are you using the same Apple ID that was used to download the apps on the iPhone?

Did you check if there's any app update by going into App Store? (Search for the app in question and compare the version against yours)?

Message was edited by: ckuan

Mar 8, 2014 5:46 PM in response to MartinLuck

MartinLuck wrote:

But now there're no updates shown anymore, only i the iCloud download button.

If you are seeing the iCloud download button, you are looking at purchases, not updates.

Updates will only show up on the iPhone for apps currently on on the iPhone.

You will see a red balloon with a number on the APp store icon if there are updates available.

Mar 8, 2014 6:04 PM in response to MartinLuck

MartinLuck wrote:

Yes i checked it. Is it Actually possible to Download an App and "oberwrite" the application Data without Feelings the user data? This Would help a bit.

If you have a iCloud download icon for an app, that app is not on your iPhone and neither is the data for that app.

Nothing will get overwriten if the app is not on your iPhone since the data for that app is not on your iPhone.

Mar 8, 2014 6:00 PM in response to MartinLuck

MartinLuck wrote:

I'm in the Updates Section. I Knew the Button from to so i have asked because it is at the wrong position. :/

If you've deleted the app on iPhone, the data is also deleted.

So if you re-download the app, there will be no data.

If you still have the app on iPhone, update do not overwrite the data.

There's no update button in the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.