Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Register MBP

I got a MBP from my uncle, it was brand new and from outside my country, from the US actually. I couldn't find a proof of purchase on it and apple doesn't let me register without a proof of purchase ( they say they want a date of purchase, but my mac sems to have been bought from somewhere other than an apple store).

i contacted my uncle and he doesn't seem to have it. I can't register and I think i won't be able to get a AppleCare protection plan. Is there any solution to this?

Mac App Store-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Macbook Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 4:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2014 4:12 AM in response to KiranJJ

What country are you in? You need to contact Apple Support and let them know that you recieved the product as a gift and have no proof of purchase. I hate the way that Apple has changed registration - they make it much harder on the customer who recieves a product as a gift, it seems.

Go to -> https://locate.apple.com/country - and see if you can find a support email address or phone # in yoru country.

Good luck,

Clinton

Can't Register MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.