Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says I don't have enough space, iPhone is out of sync with iTunes library

Hi,

My laptop recently crashed and got reformated which meant all my iTunes data had to be redone and I've managed to put back all the music and etc back into my library. However, when I tried to sync my iPhone 4 it came up with not enough space (see photos below) but I have more than over 8GB space free. I clicked individual playlist to sync and it showed that it's duplicated all the songs. So instead of going over all previous data, iTunes seems to be just adding in everything in my library. It seems that my iPhone has become out of sync with my laptop library.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I really don't want to restore my iPhone because I have loads of conversations on my Whatsapp and other application data that I don't want to wipe out, can someone help me with this issue?

All the help is much appreciated!

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 4:44 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2014 7:18 AM in response to NicoleH213

I had the same problem. The way I solved it was by unchecking "Sync Music" (as most of the space on my phone was taken up by music," syncing it so that it deleted all of the music on my phone, and then going back and retelling it when playlists to sync. It takes a while for your phone to delete and rewrite all your music, but it's a solution.

iTunes says I don't have enough space, iPhone is out of sync with iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.