Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6 As Web Page Prototyping Tool: Animation Possible?

Hello,

I've successfully used Keynote for great presentations for years and am quite happy with it as a presentation tool. But, I now want to explore the idea of using it as a prototyping tool for web pages. I'm a little lost in finding a solution to my first task: animating two (or more) objects using a different object as a trigger. Here is what I'd like to accomplish:

- Have a circle be visible when a slide loads

- Clicking the circle a first time makes a triangle appear on the same slide (animate "Opacity" of triangle on circle click?)

- Clicking the circle a second time makes a square appear on the same slide (animate "Opacity" of square on circle click?)

- Clicking the circle a third time makes the triangle and square slide up 400 pixels on the same slide (animate "Move" of triangle and sqaure on circle click?)

I've never used Keynote as a clickable prototyping tool... is this possible? In looking through the Inspector, I cannot seem to find a way to trigger animations upon the click of objects (in the above example, my circle).

Can anyone point me to some documentation on how to assign animations to objects, or perhaps provide an answer? If Keynote just isn't going to cut it as a web page prototyping tool... are there any suggestions other than Axure? Thank you in advance!

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 6:24 AM

Keynote can not action animations directly from a link.

In your example above, you would need to create 4 slides to link to the 3 other objects. This is straight froward so far but becomes unmaneagable if you had hundreds of buttons to action in a presentation. As Keynote is a video based presentation tool, its much easier using dedicated interactive applications, we use Adobe Flash.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2014 6:24 AM in response to Arturo Pena

Keynote can not action animations directly from a link.

In your example above, you would need to create 4 slides to link to the 3 other objects. This is straight froward so far but becomes unmaneagable if you had hundreds of buttons to action in a presentation. As Keynote is a video based presentation tool, its much easier using dedicated interactive applications, we use Adobe Flash.

Keynote 6 As Web Page Prototyping Tool: Animation Possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.