Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM - iphone messaging.

Recently updated my iphone using my existing sim card from my previous phone.
Successfully restored my new phone with all my apps/ docs/ music, etc from my old phone and messages from the last time I used my old phone.
However, there was a few days between not using my old phone (due to it not turning on) and getting my new phone. I was phonless for a few days and im just wondering if those messages I received in between that time will eventually come through or is there a way I can get them come through to my phone?

Thanks!

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 8:12 AM

Undelivered SMS messages are held by carriers' systems for short periods of time, usually a couple of days. Once your service is reactivated, the messages should come in immediately. If it's been more than a few minutes since your service was activated on the new phone, the messages are gone.

4 replies

Mar 8, 2014 5:23 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

****. Thanks though!

When I first connected my phone to iTunes and proceeded to set the phone up my messages showed (20) but I didn't click on them because I let my phone continue it's restore but instead of restoring from my last previous back up it actually restored my phone from the start of the year and when I came to look at my phone I had no new messages.

I then re-restored it to my latest back up and no messages came through then either which would have been no more than a day without a phone.

If I called my provider would they be able to help maybe?

Thanks heaps

SIM - iphone messaging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.