4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2014 10:54 PM by Patrick Compasso
Patrick Compasso Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Recently updated my iphone using my existing sim card from my previous phone.
Successfully restored my new phone with all my apps/ docs/ music, etc from my old phone and messages from the last time I used my old phone.
However,  there was a few days between not using my old phone (due to it not turning on) and getting my new phone. I was phonless for a few days and im just wondering if those messages I received in between that time will eventually come through or is there a way I can get them come through to my phone?

Thanks! 

iPhone 4
  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (44,715 points)

Undelivered SMS messages are held by carriers' systems for short periods of time, usually a couple of days. Once your service is reactivated, the messages should come in immediately. If it's been more than a few minutes since your service was activated on the new phone, the messages are gone.

• Patrick Compasso Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

****. Thanks though!

When I first connected my phone to iTunes and proceeded to set the phone up my messages showed (20) but I didn't click on them because I let my phone continue it's restore but instead of restoring from my last previous back up it actually restored my phone from the start of the year and when I came to look at my phone I had no new messages.

I then re-restored it to my latest back up and no messages came through then either which would have been no more than a day without a phone.

If I called my provider would they be able to help maybe?

Thanks heaps

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (44,715 points)

If the messages haven't come through already, they are not going to you. I doubt your carrier will be able to do anything for you.

• Patrick Compasso Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Far out... Thanks fo your time and input though.
    Appreciate it