Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up my Airport Express to my Viasat modem, which requires a DHCP connection, without getting a double NAT connection error?

I have an Airport Express connected to a Viasat 4100 satellite modem. This requires a DHCP connection and is connected to my Airport Express by Ethernet. I then have three computers (two running Mavericks and one running Lion) and two IPhone 5s and an Apple Tv on the network. If the Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT then the network works and I have internet, but the amber light flashes and I have a double NAT error. If I use it in Bridge mode the airport express goes green but I have no internet. How can I set it up so it works properly? If anyone knows could they please give all the settings I shoud use on the Airport Express as I may have left incorrect setting on it whilst trying to fix the problem. I have checked and it has been confirmed that I cannot change any settings on the satellite modem.

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 6:14 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2014 6:52 AM in response to malcolmfromspain

Go into AirPort Utility, click on the AirPort Express, and click on the "Double-NAT" error. Click Ignore. There's nothing that can be done about the Double-Nat unless you ignore it (no harm) or contact your ISP and get them to change your Modem/Router into Bridge Mode, and even then can't guarantee that you won't get that error.

Again, best thing to do: Ignore the Double-Nat Error.

How do I set up my Airport Express to my Viasat modem, which requires a DHCP connection, without getting a double NAT connection error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.