Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put movies on my ipad 4 for air travel?

How do I put a movie on my ipad for air travel - ipad 4 with retina...thanks

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 6:51 AM

Purchase them from iTUnes and download them. You just need to make sure you're not using a streaming service. Netflix, for example, I believe has to have internet access to play the movies, which won't do you much good in the air.

One way to test what will/won't work in the air is to go into the settings and turn your wifi off, then play around with your apps. You can also test your movies, just if they are rentals you have to be careful when you test them because many rentals have a limited life span (such as once you start watching it you have 24 hours to finish or it deletes itself)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2014 6:51 AM in response to Kathy Osborn

Purchase them from iTUnes and download them. You just need to make sure you're not using a streaming service. Netflix, for example, I believe has to have internet access to play the movies, which won't do you much good in the air.

One way to test what will/won't work in the air is to go into the settings and turn your wifi off, then play around with your apps. You can also test your movies, just if they are rentals you have to be careful when you test them because many rentals have a limited life span (such as once you start watching it you have 24 hours to finish or it deletes itself)

Mar 8, 2014 7:00 AM in response to Kathy Osborn

Each movie will be a few gigs. The exact amount does depend if you download HD or SD versions.

On your iPad, settings, general, usage tells you how much free space you have.

Then when you go to iTUnes and click on a movie, down in the description it will tell you what the file size is.

For example, Hunger Games is a bit over 5 gig in HD and a bit over 2 gig in SD. Choose the option tha tworks for you. You may also want to bear in mind that the movies need a little 'extra' room....in that the movie may be 2.16 gig but you probably want at least 3 gig free before you download it. (if you download it directly to the device, it's a bit compressed for download and needs room to expand, if you download via a computer then sync it onto your device I don't think you need as much room)

How do I put movies on my ipad 4 for air travel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.