Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal to lose 10 - 15% battery power when 13" MacBook Air (late 2013 model) is powered off for 7 days? One supposed advantage of li-ion batteries is keeping a full charge when powered off... My 2013 iPad does not have this problem

Is it normal to lose 10 - 15% battery power when 13" MacBook Air (purchased new in fall 2013) has been powered off for 7 seven days? Li-ion batteries are supposed to retain their battery charge when devices are powered off; that 10 - 15 % loss seems like a lot for one week. On the other hand, my 2013 iPad does not have this problem. Thanks for any info submitted.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:17 AM

6 replies

Mar 8, 2014 11:23 AM in response to guyg1964

only 3 possibles.

1. extremely high humidity or heat (unlikely Im assuming).

2. Defective pack cell in the battery assy. (which wouldn't be the case if it JUST started happening)

3, Youve been abusing the chemistry of the battery and now its a bit on the 'tortured' side lets say..........

1. did you often drain the battery very low?

2. did you often /always have your macbook on charge,......or did you often / always BOTH have your macbook on charge AND in sleep mode?

1 or 2 are harsh on the battery chemistry and therefore its longevity

all batteries are consumables meant to replaced either in their own "due time" or early due to abuse / misuse.

Mar 8, 2014 11:47 AM in response to guyg1964

guyg1964 wrote:

(purchased new in fall 2013)

Your Macbook is under warranty so make an appt and fill them in on all the specifics.

as to final determination thats up to Apple Inc. and nobody here can or should tell you anything definite on final decision.

especially since nobody here can on-hand diagnose your hardware.

Make an appt. with your local shop. 😊

Is it normal to lose 10 - 15% battery power when 13" MacBook Air (late 2013 model) is powered off for 7 days? One supposed advantage of li-ion batteries is keeping a full charge when powered off... My 2013 iPad does not have this problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.