Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone 5 with IOS 7 have MAP texting ability?

I have a vehicle with the UConnect radio system that when paired with a smartphone can send and receive text messages. There is some question as to whether the iPhone has MAP message access protocol or whether Apple will allow the use of this texting method.

1. Does the newer iPhones with IOS 7 have the capability to use MAP messaging sytems?

2. If not, will it ever?

Both Blackberry and Android can be used with MAP messaging.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:29 AM

10 replies

Apr 2, 2014 2:47 PM in response to Bear Hunter

If you have paired your phone with the 8.4 AN/R4 UConnect radio you must have bluetooth on in your phone settings. The rest takes place automatically each time you get a phone call or a text except although you cna listen to the texts, you can't respond to them with the hands free system like you can with a phone call. text me at 843-270-1790 and I wil then text you back and see if you get it on your UConnect system. What subscription you have with UConnect might affect what options are available to you also.

Apr 2, 2014 3:39 PM in response to Liam318

Liam,

You're not going to believe this, but it literally just started working this afternoon. Really weird, I've had this truck for a week and a half, and this is the first time the "message" and "recent calls" button were highlighted. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that my phone is 64gigs and very full (thereby taking that long to load info?). Anyway like you said, I can receive, but not send.

Thank you very much for trying to help me, it's much appreciated.

Oct 30, 2014 8:50 PM in response to pdroth

Hi. I have connected my iPhone 6 with the OS 8.1 to the uconnect in my 2014 Jeep. I can receive text messages, but can not create or respond via text. I guess the issue is not fixed.....yet? Customer service at uconnect say it is an apple issue. It looks like this has been an issue for some time and I would have thought it would have been addressed by now.

Does iPhone 5 with IOS 7 have MAP texting ability?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.