Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod classic is not syncing with my new computer

I have an ipod classic 160 gb that is not syncing with my laptop that runs windows 7. According to itunes that pops up when I connect it to the laptop I have all the latest software for itunes and for my ipod. I had this ipod connected to itunes on an older laptop and that crashed and I no longer have anyway to use it as I have not had it fixed yet. So thinking I could just use the new computer like the old one I installed itunes on the new laptop and connected and authorized my new computer. As of right now itunes recognizes all the old songs that were on it and I'm guessing the old computer, but when I have purchased new songs they wont transfer to the ipod; it doesn't even give me the option to sync my ipod so I can have the new music on it. I can play the new music on itunes on the laptop but like I said it wont go to the ipod. Any help would be great. Thank you.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 8:53 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2014 8:35 AM in response to jcrites79

Is all your content in your new iTunes when you unplug the iPod? If so then it's pretty easy. You'll have to restore the iPod, which emptys it of content. Only do this if said content is already in iTunes. Reload your content by clicking the iPod tab, and in that window, click the "Music" tab. (It should be on "Summary") In the "Music" window, all your content should appear below. I used the "transfer entire library" option, and then synced. That should do it. If your content only appears in iTunes when your iPod is plugged in, then you'll have to use a third party program, such as YamiPod, to transfer all your music that isn't purchased from Apple. If this is a small amount of data, it may be easier to just reload it, once your iPod has synced.

My ipod classic is not syncing with my new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.