Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching email accounts

Is it possible to synch gmail and other non apple email accounts with the cloud without having the accounts set up to forward to my .me or .mac account?

I a sick of having to delete email on my laptop, ipad and iPhone all the time, but I don't want all the mails to forward to my .me address. Sometimes I hit reply and the default from is my .me address when it should be from the gmail address.

Thanks for any tips.

JJ

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 9:07 AM

8 replies

Mar 8, 2014 9:17 AM in response to Jake921

iCloud doesn't sync email. Your email resides on your email provider's server. iCloud email is on the iCloud email servers. Gmail is on Google's servers. The accounts will not sync with each other. If you forward your Gmail to your iCloud account and reply to the email, it will be sent from your iCloud email address. If you don't want this, disable email forwarding for your Gamil account, then add your Gmail account to your laptop and your iOS devices (Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>Google), and it will appear alongside your iCloud account inside the Mail app on your devices.

Mar 8, 2014 10:56 AM in response to Jake921

Got another question on this issue. When I set the mail server to forward to my Mac account, it comes in just fine on all devices, but when I reply using my laptop, the default replying address Is the gmail account address. When I reply on the iPhone or ipad, the default replying address is the MAC address.

Thanks,

JJ

Synching email accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.