Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube does not accept mp4

On imovie I was able to create the movie in the Theater OK. But it does not allow sharing from here.

In Library I tried to share to YouTube but it keeps failing with my correct username/password.

So I shared to file and it created the mp4.

I went to Youtube and it failed on uploading the mp4 because it is not supported but mpeg4 IS supported.

I don't get it.

Help anyone.

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 9:14 AM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2014 10:54 AM in response to AH92808

Hi

This seems to happen occassionally with no apparent reason or explanation from YouTube or Google. It often goes many months with no issues at all and even large videos appear to have no problems, then suddenly nothing works. I have also been trying to upload a couple of videos to link in with some eBay items I'm selling, it goes through the entire process then fails on so-called confirmation.

So there may be nothing wrong with your video, I will wait a few hours and try again.

I hope this helps.

fixed1t

Mar 8, 2014 1:23 PM in response to fixed1t

I got it working.

I used Quicktime to run my mp4, then clicked the arrow to share to youtube. The password has to be the application specific password because I enabled 2 step authorization.

I expect the share to youtube from library or theater to work now. But at least I'm able to share the mp4 quicktime file.

youtube does not accept mp4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.