Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re : Apple TV doesn't connect to a Wi-Fi Broadband Internet Service using Airport Extreme

Hi, using Airport Extreme (Airport Utility version 6.3.2, Internet :DHCP, Router mode : Off (Bridge)) with a Wi-Fi Broadband Internet service. My Desktop (iMac), Macbook,iPhone,iPad join the Airport Extreme Wirelessi network (WPA/WPA2 Personal) easily and Broadband ISP Login-page pops up with username & password options. However, in case of Apple TV (2nd Generation Software : 6.0.2 (6646.81.1)), it connects the Airport Extreme W-Fi network easily but no Broadband ISP Login-page pops up with username & password options. Even using the Ethernet connection of the said Wi-Fi Broadband Internet Service directly to the Apple TV, no internet network connects. Please help.User uploaded file

AppleTV 2, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 9:28 AM

3 replies

Mar 8, 2014 9:25 PM in response to vinsal

There is no way you can handle login details with the ATV and there is probably no way you can do it with extreme in router mode either.. If you need to use a login name and password via a html screen then that is impossible in a device without html.

But your newest addition confuses me.

A slight correction in the question : the Broadband Internet Service isn't Wireless, but having Ethernet connection to the Airport Extreme.

So how do your iphones pop up a login page.

easily and Broadband ISP Login-page pops up with username & password options.

The alternative method is to use a computer .. login to your service and use ICS through the computer to the ATV..

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jJe_BkQMRc

Or any site that shows how to route internet through a computer.

Mar 9, 2014 7:01 AM in response to LaPastenague

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Let me clear your confusion. The Wireless Broadband Internet Service is connected to the Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable. Mac, iPhone & ATV are connected to the Airport Extreme via secured Wi-Fi network. After the Wi-Fi network is established, Broadband ISP's login window pops up @ Safari in iMac , iPhone, iPad etc. However this doesn't happen in ATV or ATV doesn't get connected to internet.

Well, leave it so, I tried the alternative method as suggested by you and as described in the referenced youtube-video and this worked out well. I connected Wireless Broadband Internet & Mac via Ethernet and ATV got connected to Wi-Fi network created by Mac as well as to the internet smoothly.

Again Thanx a lot.

. User uploaded file

Re : Apple TV doesn't connect to a Wi-Fi Broadband Internet Service using Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.