Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After changing the email address to my appleid I still receive emails about purchases on the old email (as well as the new).

I recently changed the email address that was my Appleid. I verified it and followed all the steps the web told me to do. I signed out of itunes on my laptop and back in. I signed out of everything and back in on my ipod touch.

Today I made my first purchase since that change, it was on a new computer. I authorized that computer and went through the steps itunes asked me for, password, security questions and so forth. I received an email stating a purchase had been made on a new computer.

The problem is that I also received the same email at my old email address as well as the new one.

When I check my appleid on the internet it says that only the new email is associated with the appleid. Which is how I want it. Why did the old email address get the mail as well as the new? Is there any way to stop that from happening in the future?

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 10:23 AM

There are no replies.

After changing the email address to my appleid I still receive emails about purchases on the old email (as well as the new).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.