Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream checkbox greyed out on PC

I downloaded and installed iCloud on my windows 7 PC so I could share my photo stream with this computer. But photo stream is greyed out on the iCloud control panel. Any idea how to turn it back on?

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 4:14 PM

I've had this problem quite a while now, and have scoured the internet for a solution to no avail until today! Go to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services" (win 7 x64) and right click on iCloud.exe, click properties, click the compatibility tab, near the bottom of that window, check the box under Privilege Level to "Run this program as an administrator". Now you can either reboot, or find and end all tasks related to iCloud in task manager, then right click iCloud.exe and left click Run as administrator. Once I did that, the control panel opened up, and I could select the Photos option!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2014 4:14 PM in response to lawsdt71

I've had this problem quite a while now, and have scoured the internet for a solution to no avail until today! Go to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services" (win 7 x64) and right click on iCloud.exe, click properties, click the compatibility tab, near the bottom of that window, check the box under Privilege Level to "Run this program as an administrator". Now you can either reboot, or find and end all tasks related to iCloud in task manager, then right click iCloud.exe and left click Run as administrator. Once I did that, the control panel opened up, and I could select the Photos option!

Photo Stream checkbox greyed out on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.