Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having truble deleting photos on my ipad

I think my son added photos via camera and now I can't delete them. Its not giving me an option. I have ipad 3rd generation

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 10:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2014 10:57 AM in response to baldie0969

If they were taken with the iPad, copied onto it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites etc then you should be able to delete them directly on the iPad - either via the trashcan icon bottom right if viewing the photo in full screen, or via the Select button top right in thumbnail view.

If they were synced to the iPad via a computer then they can't be deleted directly on the iPad, they are removed in the same way as they got on i.e. connect the iPad to your computer and select it on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen use the Photos tab to de-select the folders/albums that you no longer want on the iPad and apply/sync that (if you want to remove all synced photos then try selecting and syncing an empty folder).

having truble deleting photos on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.