Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud won't accept new password

I've been trying for weeks now to get my Iphone and Ipad to accept my new Apple password to know avail. Am ready to throw in the towel. Help

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 12:17 PM

15 replies

Mar 9, 2014 1:21 PM in response to greatauntmo

If your current ID ("email") was created by editing the details of this old ID (rather than being an entirely new ID), you'll need to start by recreating the old ID from your current ID. To do this, go to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address.

Now go to Settings>iCloud, turn off Find My iPad and provide the password for your current ID when prompted, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Next, save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iPad when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Then go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Mar 12, 2014 2:30 PM in response to greatauntmo

If your phone is also signed into your old ID, you should be able to recreate the old ID from your current ID in order to use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone and delete the old account, as you did before. If you're using the old ID for iMessage and FaceTime, sign out of these services on the phone too before doing this. (Go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out. Do the same thing in Settings>FaceTime.)

icloud won't accept new password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.