Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microKORG XL + Bounce Audio from External USB Midi keyboard

microKORG XL+ Bounce REAL keyboard Audio from External USB Midi keyboard

Record Audio / Bounce Audio from a REAL Keyboard (not a plug-in) via the soundcard controlled by a midi track with notes.

microKORG XL+ Template for Logic Express and Pro http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95830

Tutorials , Threads, "How to record midi and audio at the same time": https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3708529?answerId=17493782022#17493782022

tried the latter with no audio.

Also "Logic Studio Tutorial (Beginner) Record External Instruments" : http://youtu.be/peqs94lDYhs

I noticed in the comments to this video 2 people with microKorgs and the same problem as me UNSOLVED.

No luck with this one either and some harsh comments by one person http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdaYBaiZzs

Almost there..

I have installed the latest microKorgs USB Midi Drivers and Logic Express 9 see's them, and is shown in Application

"Audio Midi Setup"

however I am unable to "virtualy connect" the microKorg to my firewire soundcard Focusrite DSP24 using drag n drop method as was explained in one video tutorial, dragging from say `midi Out on Korg driver arrow to Midi-in on the soundcard midi driver arrow in "Audio Midi Setup", but I was unable to attach anything virtualy, so tried other ways,

I have watched several videos and seen some tips here that come very close but simply don't render or bounce any Audio from my microKorg.

even with both tracks shift selected and record write [R] enabled on both tracks.

So I have two tracks one playing Midi-Parts via the Korgs USB midi ok, the Audio goes from microKorg to a mixing desk, and audio out to the soundcard in, not sure if i've ported the audio from soundcard to the DAW correctly? it's a Focusrite Saffire Firewire card, all its drivers ok, there is a virtual mixing desk and simple patch bay for various driver configs, the levels are showing in the input channels and signal returns to mixing desk for monitoring ok. Now the audio should then travel via firewire to Logic Express DAW audio input ports, usually 1 and 2 or 3 n 4 with no luck when bouncing or live recording.

Sooo I goto Window, Environment, and followed above video to the letter, Created a "software instrument" (i know) to control and record / bounce an external keyboards audio, and in "Midi Instr" via Windows, Environment, the Korg Drivers are showing ones MicroKorgXL+ SOUND and ones MicroKorgXL + MIDI (guesing these are Virtual Midi ports?)

The audio from the Korg plays the Midi parts ok but when trying to bounce there's no audio recorded, I've tried the shift click trick with Midi track above and audio below both Shift [R] selected to RECORD no luck there, and the same i've tried as an Instrument track not software midi plugin track as well. I could record live straight to Audio BUT i need the precise Midi timing, thanks for reading.

My config "may be confusing the issue or not"

MacBook Pro 13" 2011 8GB RAM

Focusrite DSP24 Saffire . Firewire to Mac.

N.I. Maschine Connected directly to Mac USB 1

4 Port Pre Powered USB Hub in USB 2 where the microKORG goes.

I've set up a MicroKorgXL+ Template link above, and just adding my settings to it slowly

My confusion with USB midi is just as bad as it was is with ordinary midi, in 20 years 😟 i'm still having hassle on what should be simple and intuitve by now (well that's my excuse).

O.k. so AUDIO can be recorded via the Soundcard (when its setup correctly) as I can see and hear the audio bouncing in the souncards mixer, AND record audio via the USB ports? Well in some cases, in mine the USB does Midi but apparently not AUDIO via USB with a microKORG although I may contest this with the chap in G.A.K. Brighton, as I found these new USB drivers at Korg which claim to do both Audio and Midi and are installed ok,

Another microKorg issue, I am getting some hidious noise via the USB port even when using a new high quality screened USB cable as soon as it's unplugged the noise is gone and before you say it I use 2 Ground Loop Noise Isolators to and from the mixing desk a budget Mackie, it has USB out as well but never got it recording in Logic "Yet"

I don't seem to have to option to BUS the Midi Track to the Stereo Out instrument tracks are sparse, I guess its just midi data and not actual Audio.

MASCHINE.

I've been able to get the same distance using N.I. Maschine to control the microKorg audio using Maschines USB midi but cant drag the parts out as Audio, only Midi. I know I need to patch the audio back in to the record in ports of logic but can't figure it yet. I'll save that one for maschine forums sorry. or pm me.

Logic Express 9-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), NI REAKTOR RAZOR

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 12:36 PM

There are no replies.

microKORG XL + Bounce Audio from External USB Midi keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.