Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sounds cuts out at end of song, but song keeps playing

I have a 5th generation Touch. When playing some songs, the sound stops near the end of the track - anywhere between 45 and 60 seconds before the end of the song. The track continues to play until the end, and the sounds works again when a new track starts.

I've seen mention of what sounds like the same issue other places in the discussion forums, but so far I have seen any solutions.

I've tried restoring and reloading the iPod, and reloading some of the affected songs, but nothing has solved the problem. Both the iPod and iTunes are up to date (as of March 8th) on software.

Has anyone found any solutions?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 12:29 PM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2014 11:27 PM in response to sigma1317

Then try re-syncing them from your iTunes Library to the iPod.

First, remove the affected songs from your iPod;

• if you use Sync to manage your iPod (together with Sync only ticked songs and videos) then simply untick the songs in your library and Sync. Once they have been removed (I would eject the iPod from iTunes and check on the iPod), turn the tick back on and Sync again.
  • if you use Manually Manage, use iTunes to delete the songs from the iPod, make sure they really are deleted, and then put them back on again.

Any luck?

Sounds cuts out at end of song, but song keeps playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.