Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail on Lion stopped receiving emails on 1 of 3 accounts, but not showing any errors. I can still receive on iPad

I have 3 POP accounts set up on my MacBook Pro all witht eh same provider. No problem sending email. Then the main account suddenly does not receive any email. No error messages and I only worked this out when no emails ther ein the monring. Checking on webmail and on iPad I see lots of emails but then why is the MacBook not getting them. The other 2 accounts work perfectly OK.

No settings have been changed

A big puzzle!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 6:35 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2014 7:41 PM in response to Rick Yvanovich

I found the problem.

I had a 21 MB email sent to me. Mac Mail obviously was unable to get it due to some form of time out (but no error messages) and since this one could not be downloaded it prevented everything else after it to be downloaded.

Surprisingly the iPad + iPhone showed the headers and thus allowed all other emails to be also displayed after it.

Deleting this big email from webmail cleared the way.

Problem solved

Mac Mail on Lion stopped receiving emails on 1 of 3 accounts, but not showing any errors. I can still receive on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.