Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Bluetooth

All devices on the iPad appear as Not Connected, but I have tested with my Blackberry and it is connected as it can see the iPad Bluetooth address and states it is connected. But my Parrot Zik headphones will not connect/pair. I thought originally it was the headphones but now I think it is the Bluetooth on the iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:45 PM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2014 7:58 PM in response to bob30888

Kind of confusing, what you're doing, but if I'm reading your post correctly:

1. Your iPad can not pair with your Blackberry. iPads only pair with speakers, keyboards and headphones

2. If you can not pair your headphones correctly, it is likely because the headphones are paired with the Blackberry and it is nearby, so it won't pair with your iPad.

Again, your post is somewhat confusing, so please clarify if my assumptions are not correct.

Mar 8, 2014 8:32 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Sorry, let me explain again.

The iPad cannot connect using Bluetooth with any device. It requests that I make sure they are close enough and switched on.

With the Blackberry it can discover the iPad but the iPad will now reciprocate. The blackberry and the Parrot Zik headphones will pair so I know their Bluetooth works, it's an iPad problem. I have tried a reset but it makes no difference. These headphones use to work only thing that has changed is iPad OS?

Mar 9, 2014 9:59 AM in response to bob30888

I'm sure it will pair with the headphones, but it will NOT pair with the Blackberry. Chances are you're just not using the correct pairing method for pairing the headphones with your iPad. Make sure your Blackberry is off, or at least Bluetooth is off when you try to pair the headphones with your iPad. If you don't have the directions on how to pair them, then google the directions. iPad uses standard Bluetooth pairing, so you shouldn't have an issue with your iPad.

iPad Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.