Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod classic failed hard drive

I got a Gen 6 ipod classic for christmas 2013, so the ipod is less than 3 months old. And it is at it's most current update.

Everytime i try to connect it to my PC it ask me to "Scan and Fix disk" I've done this several times, says "no issues found" But it ask everytime. I've done factory resets, i've reinstalled itunes, reset ipod, and just about everything i can find on the forums. I'm able to access my Ipod no problem in Itunes. But whenever i try to sync my music some songs fail to sync and it stops completely. When i am able to sync my songs a majority of the songs are mixed up. Like Song A plays music from Song B, and Song B plays Song B. This happens with most of the songs. And i know the files aren't messed up because they work fine on my brothers ipod.

I ran Diag mode and here's what i have.

Retracts: 0

Reallocs: 16376

Pending Sectors: 0

PowerOn Hours: 44

Start/Stop: 1125

Temp: Current 30C

Temp: Min 50C

Temp: Max 249C

Based off what i've read my hard drive is near dead. Can someone else confirm this? I'm beyond ****** that this is my first ipod, it's less than 3 months old, and it's already failing.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 7:14 PM

There are no replies.

Ipod classic failed hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.