Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not updating my podcast feed

iTunes hasn't updated my podcast that has almost been up for 24hr. Here's my feedburner that I have attached to iTunes as well as my blog address. thanks

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RITTERSP

http://rittersp.com

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 9:23 PM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2014 11:48 PM in response to RITTERSP

New episodes normally take 1-2 days to appear so an episode posted only yesterday wouldn't necessarily have appeared by now.

However your episode of March 8 will not appear because it contains no playable media: it has no 'enclosure' tag containing the URL of a playable media file, nor any reference to such a file in the entry.

The accociated web page for that episode has an embedded YouTube video: iTunes does not handle YouTube videos and so WordPress will not include it in the feed.

Mar 10, 2014 10:28 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello Roger,

My name is Michael Baker. My friend and I created a podcast at the beginning of January this year. We are published on iTunes, Stitcher, and Windows. We recently have been thinking of changing the name of our podcast from Talking Class Radio to The Talking Class. I have read a few of your responses on other posts and you seem to have a good grasp on how to go about handling this. We currently use our domain as our feed, which is www.talkingclassradio.com which is a blog site that allows us to use powerpress to publish our feeds. We are a little nervous about attempting the change and would like your input. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 10, 2014 11:15 AM in response to B8kerms

If you change the 'title' tag then subscribers in iTunes will see it at once; the Store usually takes a couple of days or so to update, and it's possible it might not do so until you add a new episode.

When you have a question it's better to start a new thread. If you add on an existing one things can get confusing as you get interleaved answers and it's not always clear who is being answered to.

Mar 10, 2014 11:34 AM in response to B8kerms

Changing the title of the podcast wil get it changed in iTunes (eventually):

BUT if your feed URL (which you haven't told us) is derived from the title and changes in the process, then iTunes will lose contact with your feed. Some podcasts work this way, some don't.

If you change the domain and change the feed URL, then you have to follow the specific process of adding a special tag to the old feed and leaving it there for a couple of weeks. Please see this page for full details (and please read it very carefully before embarking on anything so that you don't paint yourself into a corner).

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move

iTunes not updating my podcast feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.