Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't record in GB 10 - keeps telling me no input source is selected

I'm attempting to use GarageBand 10 for my podcast, which isn't a happy experience, since they've removed some features that were helpful for podcasting, and made some changes which I think make it more cumbersome to use for any purpose. If I knew an affordable program that I could put my show together in more easily than GB, I would gladly switch to it and abandon this very disappointing GB version.

Although initially I was able to record voiceovers directly into GB, lately it refuses to record anything. It pops up a "No input source selected!" message, but then pretends to record anyway until I click the stop button -- at which point, it again tells me "No input source selected!" and then ceases to pretend-record.

In the Preferences, there is indeed an input source selected. So why is it giving me this popup?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 11:36 PM

In the Preferences you just select the Input Device. On the Track iteslf you have to select which channel of the selected Inut Device you want to record on that Track. It is in the Smart Controls Inspector. The popup menu can be selected to "No Input"

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2014 11:36 PM in response to Elrich

In the Preferences you just select the Input Device. On the Track iteslf you have to select which channel of the selected Inut Device you want to record on that Track. It is in the Smart Controls Inspector. The popup menu can be selected to "No Input"

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can't record in GB 10 - keeps telling me no input source is selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.