Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain

Hello!

I just did a reset on my iPod Touch 5G,

and now when i want to activate the keychain,

it asks for the phone number which is not available with me anymore...

Is there a way to change it?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Hi there Goharn,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

• Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection on your phone.
  • Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.
  • Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:
    • Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Check Apple System Status to see if there is currently a service outage affecting iCloud Keychain.
  • If you do not have access to a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity for help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

-Griff W.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 8:15 AM in response to Goharn

Hi there Goharn,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

• Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection on your phone.
  • Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.
  • Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:
    • Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Check Apple System Status to see if there is currently a service outage affecting iCloud Keychain.
  • If you do not have access to a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity for help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

-Griff W.

iCloud Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.