Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of IOS 7 on my Iphone 4S

Okay, so usually I wait a bit before I do major updates but even now seems, once the update completed at the "swipe to setup" i'm promted to enter my passcode, here it's simply not accepting my old passcode at all. I'm 100% certain I didn't forget it since I use the phone daily, what should I do? I can't even restore from a backup as itunes insists I put in my passcode before it decides to restore or back up anythng from the backups section. Did my passcode get erased to some default or something?

I've also never used icloud before today so unsure if I can(and not sure how 100%) do that now persay. My last backup was 8 days ago so i'm not 100% distraught if I need to reset it but i'm just worried I might go through all this trouble and if I restore from backup it'll just run into this issue again.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 7:44 AM

Hi iklively,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

If you are unable to access your iPhone with your passcode, follow the instructions below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

This article reviews how to back up to iCloud as well as iTunes:

Cheers,

- Judy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2014 7:44 AM in response to iklively

Hi iklively,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

If you are unable to access your iPhone with your passcode, follow the instructions below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

This article reviews how to back up to iCloud as well as iTunes:

Cheers,

- Judy

Mar 11, 2014 11:29 AM in response to judysings

More or less gave up and did this already after looking around but thanks, this is defintely what I had to do. (by any chance anyone stumbles upon this with a similar problem).

Though the iCloud instructions wouldn't have helped since anything from itune's side of things aside restoring from the factory default required to put in a passcode that somehow got erased or forgotton mid-update somehow. So anyone reading this backup your devices! I was lucky I had one only a week old.

Locked out of IOS 7 on my Iphone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.