Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4G won't charge or load

So I will plug it into the computer, the icon loads a low battery icon w/a lightning bolt. Then it loads an apple icon like it's going to connect to my computer but then the screen goes blank. Any ideas on why?

I did take it in the shower a few times 😟 It looks like theres no water damage though (headphone jack does not look like its red)

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 11:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2014 11:32 AM in response to 159SG

Also will a battery replacement fix the problems? the Apple Genius guy said it would probably need a battery replacement? Anyway I can fix it temporarily. It used to hold a charge (i would charge it for a little and it would stay on for like 20 mins) but now it won't even hold a charge.

Mar 9, 2014 1:35 PM in response to 159SG

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. The appointment is free

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Could be a bad battery or could be something else

iPod touch 4G won't charge or load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.