Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GB says is updating the app when I click on "sound effects". I checked the updates in the app store but there are no current updates. Whats going on?

Trying to get garage band to update "sound effects" and It started to download and to "Check the updates in the store app" There's nothing there. I see nothing downloading r indicating a file transfer. What's goin on Help

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 11:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Steven0024

Have you just recently installed GarageBand '11?

This instalation downloads in two parts - first the basic application, and when you try to use an item that is not yet installed, GarageBand will try to download and install the missing instruments and loops from the AppStore. I am not sure at all, if this update will work, since there is now a newer GarageBand version at the AppStore.

But try the usual fixes and then let us please know, if it is still possible.

• First, make sure, that you accepted GarageBand to your AppleID - sign into the AppStore and check the Purchased page of the App Store, if there is an "Accept" beside the GarageBand '11 version. If yes, accept. Try the update again.
  • If it does not work, try the manual update: see mteep's post: Re: GarageBand '11 won't download additional loops

-- Léonie

GB says is updating the app when I click on "sound effects". I checked the updates in the app store but there are no current updates. Whats going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.