Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues submitting TalkShoe-hosted podcast. Anyone else?

Hey guys!

I've noticed a few people receiving XML errors when submitting their podcasts to the iTunes Store. Lines 1-4 are the common offenders. This usually means the document type is not declared properly or end-tags are not included for link, title, language, etc. A work-around I have found is to use an RSS feed redirection service like FeedBurner, which is FREE (for as long as it lasts), or a premium service like Feedly perhaps.

That said, I've been having trouble submitting one podcast. It's strange because I know several people with shows hosted on TalkShoe (mainly because LibSyn, Podomatic, and other services get too pricey when you run multiple shows on a weekly release schedule) yet I am not able to submit mine. I have the same error whether I use the native or redirected feeds below:

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss131961.xml

http://feeds.feedburner.com/horseplaylive

I've looked through the code and everything is legit. In fact, I've submitted to several directories and networks with no issues. It's only iTunes that has been very difficult to submit to, which is a shame since our audience is asking for iTunes support.

A few errors have come up so it seems like something is broken with the system, not our source material, since none of the errors are relevant to the content. That said, I think this one may be the kicker:

"Podcast cover art must be at least 600x600 pixel JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests."

Our host only does up to 300x300 for the podcast cover so I used Feedburner to provide a 600x600 image. I have flattened the image and the colors are very basic RGB colors. It is a PNG. HTTP head requests are accepted by the host. Not sure what else to do.

I'll keep tinkering but if anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them. Anyone else on TalkShoe? Let's connect - I'll be glad to leave reviews/ratings for our TS fellows! =o)

Submit Podcast to iTunes Store

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Aha!

After tinkering with the SmartCast option on Feedburner some more, I finally got iTunes and TalkShoe to play nice. If anyone else is reading this, it seems you have to use Feedburner or an equivalent RSS redirection/syndication service to make TalkShoe compatible with iTunes. SmartCast provides the proper tags/enclosures, particularly for the podcast cover.

Hope this info helps others out - I know Roger keeps quite busy here! ;o)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2014 12:07 PM in response to Yogizilla

Aha!

After tinkering with the SmartCast option on Feedburner some more, I finally got iTunes and TalkShoe to play nice. If anyone else is reading this, it seems you have to use Feedburner or an equivalent RSS redirection/syndication service to make TalkShoe compatible with iTunes. SmartCast provides the proper tags/enclosures, particularly for the podcast cover.

Hope this info helps others out - I know Roger keeps quite busy here! ;o)

Issues submitting TalkShoe-hosted podcast. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.