Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad wont restore itself.

I forgot my passcode to my iPad (sadly). So I have to restore it however I have been stuck in the restore mode for about 2 days now. I took down my firewall and norton security. I just tried to "restore" again the SAME EXACT ERROR came up again. So now im frustrated and tired. What do I do next. I am currently downloading King Peungin solution to see if it works.

King_Penguin West Sussex, UK

This helped meRe: Failed update from ios 3.2.2 to 5.1 for iPad 1, what can I do?

Nov 12, 2011 3:02 AM (in response to sophiefm)

Try temporarily turning off your firewall and antivirus software until the download has completed.

If that doesn't work then you could try downloading the update via a browser and then in iTunes pressing and holding the shift key on Windows (command key on Mac) when clicking the Check For Updates button which should let you navigate to the downloaded file :

ipad1

iPad 2 wifi-only

iPad 2 GSM/sim

iPad 2 CDMA

I am tired and I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Thank You.

I have already tried the hold home button and start button crap. everytime it begins to restore it goes so far then gets stuck and pops up on the computer saying it has resotred leave ipad in computer for a few seconds. but all the ipad does is pop up connect to itunes.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 3:45 PM

There are no replies.

Ipad wont restore itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.