Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Sync changes made to song titles from iTunes into MyDocuments.

Hello.

On my Windows 7 laptop, I was wondering if there is a way for me edit the name of a song on iTunes (ex: Capitalize a title, add album name or album artwork) and then sync it to appear in this new, changed way in My Documents. The process of editing information in My Documents is very tedious and is much easier to do on iTunes.

Is there anything I can do so my changes in iTunes appear in the document where my songs are saved? (I do not buy music from iTunes, I do it from a third party source so all of my music is saved into My Documents)

Thanks in advance for responses!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6, Windows 7 laptop

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 5:35 PM

7 replies

Mar 9, 2014 5:47 PM in response to cassidyfrommb

Cassidy,

Go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced and enable "Keep... organized."

This preference causes changes in the tag data -- that you make by editing in Get Info -- to be reflected in the name and location of the files.

It only has effect on files that are in your designated iTunes Media folder, which is within My Documents, so I assume that is what you are referring to.

Mar 9, 2014 6:02 PM in response to ethanhart1996

Ethan,

If the songs are already in your iTunes library do not move (or directly touch in any way) the files. That will only cause iTunes to lose them.

The answer to your question depends on what you have been doing all along. Do you have a copy in iTunes Media and another copy somehwere else in My Documents? (If you have been using the Amazon Downloader, this would be the normal situation.) If yes, use the copy in your iTunes folder, which would include the edits you have made.

Mar 9, 2014 6:07 PM in response to ed2345

ive been downloading from youtube converters and saving them in my downloads folder. when i save it in the download folders i go to open them after they download and they open in itunes because itunes i have set as my default. the files that are not edited on my pc are still in my download folder. im asking that if i select all the songs from there and just move them into the itunes media fold if then all those songs will be edited from the edits ive made on my itunes

How to Sync changes made to song titles from iTunes into MyDocuments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.