Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the specifications for an iBook front cover?

Hi,

I'm preparing to publish an iBook and I'm struggling to find information about the specifications for the front cover of the book - I'm aware there are specific requirements.

Any help would be appreciated plus a link to any 'official' information from Apple.

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 4:44 PM

2 replies

Mar 11, 2014 7:07 AM in response to ChristiSista

Hello ChristiSista,

Thank you for the question. The following article provides answers to some common publishing questions. The requirements for the front cover are not included, but you can find additional assistance by reviewing the section titled "I cannot find the answer to my question. Where can I get additional help?"

Authors & Book Publishers: FAQs

http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/sell-content/books/book-faq.html

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Mar 11, 2014 2:48 PM in response to ChristiSista

Sheila M - if you read this... I really see no point in your post, you do not attempt to give advice, just a link - to I cannot find the answer to my question and a bunch of FAQs. If the FAQs do not give the answer...( And the page you offer - does not) it means the op is left floundering and more confused.

The majority of questions are posted only after attempts are made to find answers and to be frank I find trawling around Apples support pages and links - not very effective or reliable in most cases.

The link you provide does not give any information on the ops question - leaving only a choice of "contact support".

I thought these support groups are to take the strain of support by assisting newer memebers with advice , help and information and leaving support staff to deal with other issues.

The answer to the question - at the least - should be in the help files under Graphics and Media..... but it is not!

________________________________________________________________________________ ____-

Front cover: 1400px minimum width @72PPI height if usually about 1830.

The Asset Guide giving full information for all content details and requirements can be found and downloaded from.. your TunesConnect > Deliver your Content - top right of page find a number of PDF downloads.

There is also a superb Keynote video for iBooks Author.

What are the specifications for an iBook front cover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.