Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Side-Switch Lock Always-Active Bug

Hi,

I have an iPad mini that behaved perfectly until around the time I upgraded to 7.0.6, when it starting making me choose between Mute or Landscape mode.

If my iPad side switch is set to control the Mute option in settings, when I try to play audio the iPad is always silent. If I use the volume rocker the indicator shows the volume changeable from minimum to maximum, but no sound occurs when playing audio of any kind.

I can swap the side switch lock between active and disabled, and the mute indicator comes and goes, but still no audio in either side switch state.

If I set the side switch in Settings to control the Lock Rotation instead and restart the iPad, I don't have any problems with audio, but my iPad mini becomes locked in landscape mode.

If I swap the side switch lock between active and disabled, the locked and unlocked orientation icons appear, but the screen stays locked in landscape.

I don't want to reset the iPad as I have apps on there that are since discontinued, so are there any other options/fixes available? Or Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 5:42 PM

4 replies

iPad Mini Side-Switch Lock Always-Active Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.